[LIS-Forum] PY Rajendra Kumar-First full-time DG of NLI with Professional Background

Ishwar Goudar goudarishwar at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 8 22:59:53 IST 2013

Dear Professionals,

Let us congratulate Mr. P.Y. Rajendra Kumar (soon he will be Dr. P.Y. R.)
for occupying the prestigious post of Director General, National Library of
India (NLI). I had a quick glance of history of NLI on its official website
at http://www.nationallibrary.gov.in/nat_lib_stat/history.html     and
found that he is the* first full time DG of NLI with LIS background*.
Earlier, myself as a member of SLA, Karnataka, have seen him and his
leadership quality closely.   I am sure with his 40 years of rich
experience in various capacities in different organisations, specifically
as Director of DPL, Karnataka,  he will be in a position give a good
leadership to NLI and give new direction to its services. He has won
several awards including Aryabhata Award, Indira Priyadarshini Award,
Ranganathan-Kaula Librarian Award, Government of Karnataka's Best Librarian
Award, etc. He also served KALA as its President. PYR, we are proud of you,
keep it up.

Regards,

--
Dr. I.R.N. Goudar