[LIS-Forum] Fw: DOAJ reaches new milestones

Dr. J. K. Vijayakumar vjkjk at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 11:40:37 IST 2013

FYI.

-----Original Message-----
From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community  On Behalf Of Lotte Jorgensen
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:26 PM
Subject: DOAJ reaches new milestones

March 12th 2013
DOAJ reaches new milestones:
We have just completed the transition to a new environment and launched a new platform with integrated functionality for sharing, exporting and enhanced search/browse functionality: at the article level, search results can be filtered by language and publication year  and by license and publication fee; at the journal level, you can filter by subject, by country, by license and by publication fees. These facets will be developed further in the months to come. (Read more about our enhancements on our home page: www.doaj.org <http://www.doaj.org>.) We are also very proud to announce that the DOAJ has reached two important milestones:

1. For the first time since launch in 2003, more than 50% of the
    journals are providing metadata at article level.We will continue to
    work with the 2000+ publishers to increase this figure.
2. More than 1 million articles are now searchable in DOAJ which means
    more than 1 million article-level metadata entriesare available for
    harvesting!We expect this figure to increase significantly in the
    months to come.

We continue to work with key stakeholders to agree on and implement new, tighter criteria for the inclusion of journals in the DOAJ: critieria that will address issues of quality and openness, as well as other kinds of information about the journals.
We are very excited about these developments and we are grateful for the continued support from the community. We always need more support so we can continue to provide a better service, so please consider
contributing:
http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=loadTemplate&template=supportDoaj&uiLanguage=en
For more information, please contact Lars Bjørnshauge <mailto:lars at doaj.org>or Dom Mitchell <mailto:dom at doaj.org> The Directory of Open Access Journals is provided by IS4OA <http://www.is4oa.org>in cooperation with SemperTool <http://www.sempertool.dk>.

On behalf of the DOAj-team,
Lotte Jorgensen
Managing Editor