[LIS-Forum] PROJECT ASSOCIATE

Saba Bama bamasaba at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 13:34:33 IST 2013

 PROJECT ASSOCIATE IN DST FUNDED RESEARCH PROJECT

Starting in June 2013, the Department of Science and Technology Project
Investigator (Dr. Saba Sarasvady) at the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, has a vacant position for a PROJECT
ASSOCIATE in Scientometrics. This project intents to measure and map the
knoweldge transfer between India and other countries.

ELIGIBILITY

The potential candidates should have Masters in LIS or Computing Science
with a sound statistical knowledge. Besides, the candidates should have
NET/JRF qualification.

OTHER REQUIREMENTS

We are looking forward to grow our team and welcome applications of highly
motivated candidates with knowledge on Scientometrics who are willing to
support our research efforts. The candidates should work in an environment
which enables to map scientometric data in international setting. The
project will lead to the birth of many reviewed research papers and
cross-country collaboration.

We strongly encourage women candidates to apply.

The candidates are expected to register for Ph.d under the supervision of
the Project investigator.

It is a principle of our work to construct systems that make our ideas
tangible and assessable.  The chair's research contributions are recognized
internationally and more often than not are the fruit of collaboration with
associated research groups.

JOB DETAILS AND APPLICATION

Successful candidates will work at the university for a period of 18
months.
The Associate will get the consolidated salary of Rs 18400 per month
(inclusive of house rent allowance)

Please send your complete application in PDF format (preferrable) via
e-mail to Dr. Saba Sarasvady (s_sarasvady at cb.amrita.edu). The application
should be detailed including the specification of address for
communication, coding of statistical knowledge, phone number, email id, web
reference if any etc.

Only selected candidates will be invited to appear for an Interview.

The deadline for applications is June 15, 2013.

Inquiries with respect to this position may be directed to
s_sarasvady at cb.amrita.edu

* *