[LIS-Forum] M A Gopinath

eswara reddy deva devaereddy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 22:35:59 IST 2013

I am extremely sorry to note  the demise of Dr M.A.Gopinath who needs no
introduction to Indian LIS professionals. Concurrent with the establishment
of DRTC, Mr Gopinath joined Dr S. R. Ranganathan as his Research Assistant,
graduated from DRTC in early 70s, served as a faculty and Head ,moved to
North Carolina University as a visiting professor ,and back in Bangalore
spent rest of his life.
My association with Dr Gopinath dates back to 1966 when I joined DRTC as a
student and later working with him closely as the Joint Secretary of Mysore
Library Association (now Karnataka State Library Association).
Dr Gopinath will be always remembered along with Dr SR Ranganthan as the
co-author of "Prolegomena to library classification".

May his soul rest in peace.

Deva B. Eswara Reddy,PhD
Associate Professor
Texas A & M University