[LIS-Forum] Varying discount rate: is it corruption?

T. Shahab . tshahab at jamiahamdard.ac.in
Sat Dec 21 14:43:39 IST 2013

Dear Sir,
The reasons why a library administrator go for varying discount rates for
supply of books to the library may be different In case of bulk purchase of
textbooks say for a medical library tender may be called and the supply
order allocated to the highest bidder of the discount rate. On the other
hand for government or society publications the discount rates may be low
or none. Similarly for foreign publications and books bought directly at
book exhibitions the discount rates may be varying. In case of limited
edition publication  and richly illustrated books discount rates may vary
too.
Regards
Dr. T. Shahab
HMS Central Library