[LIS-Forum] Varying discount rate: is it corruption?

Vinod Kumar Mishra vinod_librarian at rediffmail.com
Fri Dec 20 10:12:20 IST 2013

Dear All,

May i know the reasons for varying discount rates for the supply of Books and other reading materials in the Library. I observed that same suppliers provide different discount rates in different Libraries, the discount rates varies from 10% to 25%.

I hope i will get some genuine reasons behind this else i may assume that:

1. It is mismanagement or lack of negotiation power?
2. Kind of corruption in personal interest?

Thanking You.

With regards,
Vinod Kumar Mishra,
Assistant Librarian,