[LIS-Forum] Librarian: Man of the Millennium-US Award

Ishwar Goudar goudarishwar at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 31 18:25:36 IST 2012

Dear Professional Colleagues,

Herewith I have forwarded a mail with the details of an extraordinary
personality, who worked
as* Librarian,* donated entire earnings of 30 years service including
retirement benefits in lacs and US
award (Man of the Millennium) money  of Rs. 30 crores for the needy. Most
appreciable fact is that he
worked in hotel for his livelihood without touching his salary. Mr.
Rajanikanth, the popular cine idol adopted
him as his father.  Let us be proud of him that he served as Librarian.  I
don't know if this posting was
already done through Lis-forum.  Even then it is worthwhile item to be
repeated.

Dr. I.R.N. Goudar
Visiting Professor and Library Adviser
University of Mysore