[LIS-Forum] Solution to closure of LIS forum

Praveen K C kcpavi at gmail.com
Thu May 10 18:05:11 IST 2012

Dear Members,

Few days ago we heard a bad news about the closure of LIS mail updates. But
there is a simple solution to run LIS forum mailing list free of cost!
Create a gmail account in the name of LIS forum and in this account create
a google group with appropriate name. Once the group is created,
automatically we get a new e-mail ID for the group (e.g.,
lisforum at googlegroups.com) and a simple webpage(http://groups.google.com).
The owner who created this group has to invite the members with the help of
the link provided. Once the invited members accept the invitation they are
into the group. Owner can regulate the group members with different options
provided there in the group and member settings. Owner can set any member
as a moderator. Now the owner and moderator can moderate the messages
coming to the group. Once a member posts the message, a mail will come for
moderation to owner and moderator.

There are plenty of options enough to successfully run a group. I have
initiate tow groups in the interest of research scholars. One is Mysore
university level (mysoreuniversity at googlegroups.com) and another is all
India level (ramgnsc at googlegroups.com). The groups are running successfully
from past 2-3 years. I hope LIS forum will not come to an end but will have
a new beginning!

Thanking you with best regards,
Praveen KC
CSIR-SRF