[LIS-Forum] closure of LIS FORUM

Muruli Acharya muruli.acharya at gmail.com
Thu May 10 12:17:13 IST 2012

Dear LIS Professionals,

LIS Forum has been an informal teacher for me for years.  Innumerable
library professionals who do not have a set of people to guide in person
for resolving the professional issues have found it very useful and
helpful. I became a member of LIS Forum a number of years ago. Since then,
I have been depending on LIS Forum for valuable guidance. My association
with this forum has helped me with every step of my professional
activities. The Indian LIS community felt proud for having such a wonderful
platform like LIS Forum which constituted a platform for integrating and
sharing the knowledge. The forum even the facilitated the document delivery
which has been crucial for library professionals.

It is a very heartbreaking to know that NCSI is coming to an end which
intern puts a full stop to LIS Forum. I strongly recommend that LIS Forum
should continue to be alive without which the Indian LIS professionals
would have a hard time for obtaining the updates in LIS field. I wish to
state that, many other branches of since which came into existence, still
do not have a forum such as LIS Forum to integrate and disseminate the
knowledge. I have noticed people from science and technology field who
whole heartedly praised the system (LIS Forum) that LIS people have to
communicate with counterparts and harmonize the information sources.

I request all the people who are in the management of NCSI and LIS Forum to
kindly approve for continuing this magnificent and efficient mailing list.

--
Muruli
Librarian,