[LIS-Forum] ICTK 2012: Call for registration

ictk drtc ictk2012.drtc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 23:00:07 IST 2012

*ICTK 2012: Call for registration *

International Conference on Trends in
Knowledge and Information Dynamics
10-13 July, 2012
Hosted by
Documentation Research and Training Centre (DRTC)
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI)

*
     *http://drtc.isibang.ac.in/ICTK**

*Venue:* NIMHANS Convention Center, Nimhans Hospital Premises, Hosur Road,
Bangalore- 560029 Landmark: Near Dairy Circle

Documentation Research and Training Centre (DRTC) established by Prof. S R
Ranganathan in 1962, is a research centre at Indian Statistical Institute
(ISI) conducting Research, Training and Higher Education in the field
Library and Information Sciences  and allied  areas. In the last five
decades, DRTC has been involved in Research, Education, Training and
cutting edge applications of Information and Communication Technology to
Libraries and Information Centres, Knowledge centers and systems. 2012
marks the Golden Jubilee of DRTC and we are happy to host as part of
'Golden Jubilee Celebrations', the 'International Conference on Trends in
Knowledge and Information Dynamics' (ICTK-2012).

Broadly the themes of the conference are divided into main streams (in
parallel sessions on all the days of the conference):

 *Stream 1: Trends in Library Education and Research*

·         *Stream 2: Trends in Public Library Services*

·         *Stream 3: Trends in Domain Specific Information Systems and
Services*

·         *Stream 4: Trends in Open Access to Information and Data*

·         *Stream 5: Trends in ICT applications to Library and Information
Science*

For details visit us on  http://drtc.isibang.ac.in/ICTK/subthemes

<http://drtc.isibang.ac.in/ICTK/subthemes>

ICTK 2012 includes sessions of invited talks by renowned in the field of
Library and Information Science from around the globe on various topics
related to the above mentioned five streams covering various aspects of
current interest and popular trends. The conference serves as an
International Platforms for dissemination of information of International
research and collaborative projects such as European Commission
infrastructure projects.  Experts Panel on Open Access to Information and
Public Libraries present experts' views from around the world. In addition
to plenary spearker of International repute, we plan to have panel
discussions on Higher Education and International Collaborative Research in
LIS, Public Libraries, Agricultural Information Systems, Open Access to
Information

*List of invited speakers *

*Dr. Jagdish Arora*

INFLIBNET

India

*Dr. Roberto Barbero*

INFN

Italy

*Dr. Donatella Castelli*

CNR-ISTI,

Italy

*Prof. Fausto Giunchiglia,*

University of Trento

 Italy

*Dr. Johannes Keizer*

UN-FAO

Rome

*Prof. Dr. Norbert Lossau*

Goettingen State and University Library

Germany

*Dr. Alberto Masoni*

INFN

Rome

*Dr. Carlos Morais Pires,*

European Commission,

Brussels

*Dr. Federico Ruggieri*

INFN

Rome

*Dr. Alma Swan*

Key Perspectives Ltd,

Truro, UK

*Prof. Anna Maria Tammaro*

University of Parma

Italy

*Dr. Stuart Wiebel*

Senior Research Scientist, OCLC

USA

Details of registration  at http://drtc.isibang.ac.in/ictk/registration

*Contact *

* *

      *Prof. A.R.D. Prasad (Convener - ICTK-2012)*

      Documentation Research & Training Centre (DRTC),
      Indian Statistical Institute (I.S.I),
      8th Mile, Mysore Road, R.V. College Post,
      Bangalore - 560 059, Karnataka INDIA

      Phone: +91-80-2848 2711
      Fax : 91-80-2848 4265
      E-mail ID: ictk2012 at drtc.isibang.ac.in