[LIS-Forum] ICTK 2012: Call for registration

ictk drtc ictk2012.drtc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:52:25 IST 2012

International Conference on Trends in Knowledge and Information Dynamics
10-13 July, 2012

Hosted by
Documentation Research and Training Centre (DRTC)
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI)
http://drtc.isibang.ac.in/ICTK

Venue: NIMHANS Convention Center, Nimhans Hospital Premises, Hosur Road,
Bangalore- 560029

Documentation Research and Training Centre (DRTC) established by Prof. S R
Ranganathan in 1962, is a research centre at Indian Statistical Institute
(ISI) conducting Research, Training and Higher Education in the field
Library and Information Sciences  and allied  areas. In the last five
decades, DRTC has been involved in Research, Education, Training and
cutting edge applications of Information and Communication Technology to
Libraries and Information Centres, Knowledge centers and systems. 2012
marks the Golden Jubilee of DRTC and we are happy to host as part of
'Golden Jubilee Celebrations', the 'International Conference on Trends in
Knowledge and Information Dynamics' (ICTK-2012).

Broadly the themes of the conference are divided into main streams (in
parallel sessions on all the days of the conference):
Stream 1: Trends in Library Education and Research
Stream 2: Trends in Public Library Services
Stream 3: Trends in Domain Specific Information Systems and Services
Stream 4: Trends in Open Access to Information and Data
Stream 5: Trends in ICT applications to Library and Information Science
For details visit us on  http://drtc.isibang.ac.in/ICTK/subthemes

ICTK 2012 includes sessions of invited talks by renowned in the field of
Library and Information Science from around the globe on various topics
related to the above mentioned five streams covering various aspects of
current interest and popular trends. The conference serves as an
International Platforms for dissemination of information of International
research and collaborative projects such as European Commission
infrastructure projects.  Experts Panel on Open Access to Information and
Public Libraries present experts' views from around the world. In addition
to plenary spearker of International repute, we plan to have panel
discussions on Higher Education and International Collaborative Research in
LIS, Public Libraries, Agricultural Information Systems, Open Access to
Information

List of invited speakers

Dr. Jagdish Arora
INFLIBNET
India

Dr. Roberto Barbero
INFN
Italy
Dr. Donatella Castelli
CNR-ISTI,
Italy

Prof. Fausto Giunchiglia,
University of Trento
 Italy
Dr. Johannes Keizer
UN-FAO
Rome

Prof. Dr. Norbert Lossau
Goettingen State and University Library
Germany
Dr. Alberto Masoni
INFN
Rome

Dr. Carlos Morais Pires,
European Commission,
Brussels
Dr. Federico Ruggieri
INFN
Rome

Dr. Alma Swan
Key Perspectives Ltd,
Truro, UK
Prof. Anna Maria Tammaro
University of Parma
Italy
Dr. Stuart Wiebel
Senior Research Scientist, OCLC
USA

Last date of registration : 30 June 2012
Details of registration  at http://drtc.isibang.ac.in/ictk/registration

Contact

      Prof. A.R.D. Prasad (Convener - ICTK-2012)
      Documentation Research & Training Centre (DRTC),
      Indian Statistical Institute (I.S.I),
      8th Mile, Mysore Road, R.V. College Post,
      Bangalore - 560 059, Karnataka INDIA
      Phone: +91-80-2848 2711
      Fax : 91-80-2848 4265
      E-mail ID: ictk2012 at drtc.isibang.ac.in