[LIS-Forum] National conference on Scientometrics

Sampath Kumar sampathbt_2001 at rediffmail.com
Wed Jul 25 15:21:58 IST 2012

Dear Professional Colleagues,

	I am pleased to inform you that, we have received overwhelmed response from the LIS professional towards teh First national conference on "Scientometrics" to be organized by the Dept. of Studies and Research in Library and Information Science, Tumkur University, Tumkur, Karnataka on 7th September 2012. Some of the authors have requested to extend the date since they are in their final stage to submit their papers. In view of their request, the organizing Committee has been decided to extend the last date till 6th August 2012 to submit papers.
Sub Themes
•	Emerging issues in Scientometrics / Informetrics /Webometrics and applications in LIS activities
•	Bibliometrics Laws
•	Citation analysis
•	Collaborative studies in Science and Technology
•	Obsolescence studies
•	Scientometric Portraits
•	Trends in web citations, web decay and Internet archives etc.

Contributors can send their research papers on any of the sub-themes or any other theme relevant to the main theme of the Conference. Papers should be sent to sampathkumar at tumkuruniversity.in on or before 6th August 2012.
For further details you may contact:

Prof. S.L. Sangam
Conference Chair

OR
Dr.B.T. Sampath Kumar
Organizing Secretary
First national conference on Scientometrics
Dept. of Studies and Research in
Library and Information Science,
Tumkur University, Tumkur, Karnataka

Dr.B.T.Sampath Kumar
Associate Professor
Dept. of Library and Information Science
TUMKUR UNIVERSITY,
Tumkur, Karnataka, INDIA
www.freewebs.com/sampathkumar