[LIS-Forum] Entrepreneurial Scope of Information Science Professionals

Dr. Badan Barman badanbarman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:42:30 IST 2012

Respected Members of the Forum,
Many of our colleagues are not getting the right job they deserved after
their BLISc/MLISc degree. Some others even are shifting to other jobs,
where MLISc / BLISc are not needed. Recently I go through some articles on
alternative carriers in Librarianship. Even we are organizing one Regional
Seminar on Entrepreneurial Approach of Library Professionals (In connection
with Librarians’
Day)<http://lislinks.com/events/regional-seminar-on-entrepreneurial-approach-of-library-professio>
 (
http://lislinks.com/events/regional-seminar-on-entrepreneurial-approach-of-library-professio
). So I would like to have the opinion of my professionals colleagues
regarding what else can be done with the BLISc/BLIB/MLISc degree? What are
the possible scopes of a Librarian to be an entrepreneur?

  Thanking you,

Yours faithfully
  (Dr. Badan Barman)
Academic Consultant, Library & Information Science, Krishna Kanta Handiqui
State Open University, Housefed Complex, Last Gate, Guwahati-781006, Assam
*Toll Free Number:* 1800 345 3613
*Phone:* 0361-2234964 / 2235971 / 092070 49493
*Fax:* 0361- 2235398.
*Institutional Websites:* http://www.snkkhsou.org /
http://www.clkkhsou.org/ http://www.kkhsou.in

*Personal Websites:* http://www.lislinks.com / http://www.lisformats.com /