[LIS-Forum] Mrs. Sushila A. Motiwale passed away on 24 December 2012

Jagtar Singh jagtar.kindu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 20:47:03 IST 2012

Dear All,

A phone call from Surender Kumar, ICAR, Indore broke a very sad news today.

Mrs. Sushila A. Motiwale breathed her last on 24 December 2012. Mrs.
Motiwale was a very good human being and a dedicated teacher. She
instituted the 'IATLIS-Motiwale Best LIS Teacher Award' in 1980s to
motivate and reassure the LIS teachers. In her last letter to me, she has
expressed the desire that this is a national award and it should be equally
given to best LIS teachers from all states and UTs in India. I had the
opportunity to work with her for about six months in Jabalpur in 1985-86. I
feel very sad on her demise. It is difficult for me to believe this news.

Let us pray to God, the Almighty, to rest her soul in peace and provide
courage to the family members to bear this irreparable  loss.

With a heavy and very sad heart,

Jagtar Singh

Dr. Jagtar Singh,
President, Indian Association of Teachers of Library and Information
Science (IATLIS)
&
Professor, Department of Library and Information Science,
Punjabi University, Patiala
Pin - 147 002 (India)
Email: jagtar.kindu at gmail.com
Tel: +91 (0)175 304 6179 (Work)