[LIS-Forum] RESOURCE: Access to Knowledge, a guide for everyone

Thu Aug 23 15:41:14 IST 2012

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012, Subbiah Arunachalam wrote:

Friends:

Here is a guide to Access to Knowledge
(https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/goajourno/Mde1f7DH_ok)
compiled by my friend Frederick Noronha. We should seriously consider
introducing a paper on A2K in the Masters level courses in LIS in all
Indian universities. We can get experts from the Alternative Law Forum,
B'lore, and the Centre for Internet and Society, B'lore, to help in the
design and production of the course content.

LIS graduates need to be sensitized to issues of copyright and intellectual
property when the electronic media are edging out print as the preferred mode
of scholarly communication and dissemination of learning materials.

What do you think?

Arun