[LIS-Forum] Clarification Sought

Vinod Kumar Mishra vinod_librarian at rediffmail.com
Tue Aug 21 09:35:06 IST 2012

Dear Tariq,

Every system is having some good and different features than others please go through the each circulation system mentioned by you.
You will find the differences and less time consuming means not that system is reliable also so many other systems developed.

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 15:01:32 +0530  wrote
>Dear Sir

In the June 2012, edition of UGC Net one of the questions was related

to the Browne Charging System (Paper III, Q. 49), wherein it was

asserted and even validated by the UGC furnished key that Browne

Charging System is simple and less time consuming. If it would had

been simple and time efficient why there was need to develop other

manual methods - Ranganathan ticket system, Newark and Detroit methods

etc. Besides, how could we justify the statement when these manual

methods are not in vogue and are replaced by library automation

packages? Even we are witnessing the phasing out of Barcode

circulation with RFID enabled circulation.

Your kind advice/comments is/are requested in this matter

With Regards

Tariq Ahmad Shah

Research Scholar

DLIS, University of Kashmir