[LIS-Forum] Opportunity to host Wikipedia Workshops

Wed Sep 14 18:09:16 IST 2011

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:09:28 +0530
From: Arjuna Rao Chavala <arjunaraoc at gmail.com>

Dear sir/madam,

Wikimedia has collaborated with KALA in the past, where in we organised a talk
on GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) by LyamWyatt. I think the
recent report on a wiki academy will be of interest to the members of the list
and will also encourage some of them to host such academies to improve the
knowledge.

Request you to release my mail to the list.

Cheers
Arjun

Wikimedia Chapter, a Not for Profit independent society closely working
with Wikimedia Foundation, has kicked of its outreach activities with  the
first Wiki Academy organised at Department of Public Libraries  to
familiarize people about contributing to  the sum of human knowledge on
Wikipedia

Here is a report.

http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Wiki_Academy/Department_of_Public_Libraries,_Bangalore#Report

Kindly get in touch if any of your institutions would like to host such
event.

Sincerely,

Arjuna Rao Chavala
President, Wikimedia Chapter