[LIS-Forum] Sad Demise of Prof. Ijari

Prakash K prakash.kalvira at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 13:08:29 IST 2011

Prof. S R Ijari was our teacher while we are doing our LIS course
(1991-1993) in KUD. He was teaching us the Advanced Classification System
and the perception among the students was that he was very strict teacher.
On our study tour to Mumbai we could see his other side of the personality,
he was very friendly with all the students and he has motivated us a lot to
purse this profession with utmost seriousness. Till recently, we use to meet
and interact with him regularly in seminar, conferences.

I pray God to give strength to bear the loss to the family and may his soul
rest in peace.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Ashok Asundi <ashok_asundi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To all LIS Professionals,
>
> I am pained to inform all that Prof. S.R.Ijari, former Professor at DLISc
> Karnatak University, Dharwad is no more. He suddenly took ill and was
> hospitalised about a couple of days ago. He breathed his last today in
> Bangalore. I pray God to give strength to bear the loss of their beloved.
> May his soul rest in peace.
>
> Prof. Asundi
>
> --
> believed to be clean.