[LIS-Forum] Online User Awareness Sessions on the IEEE Xplore Digital Library

Dhanukumar Pattanashetti dhanukumar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:37:31 IST 2011

Dear Professionals,

Greetings from IEEE. As an IEEE Client Services Manager for India, I assist
organizations to get the most out of their online subscriptions to IEEE
resources. I'm writing to you to let you know about training opportunities
available to IEEE Xplore customers in India.

Online user awareness sessions on the IEEE Xplore digital library platform
are planned for customers in India in the coming weeks/months. There have
been recent enhancements to IEEE Xplore, which will be demonstrated in the
session. The session will also highlight tips and tricks to get the most out
of searching IEEE Xplore. I invite you to register for any of the following
sessions, and also forward this email to endusers at your organization who
might be interested in knowing best practices in using IEEE Xplore. If you
have questions about IEEE Xplore and IEEE content, I can answer them during
these sessions.

Once you register for an online session, you will receive an email with the
link to join on the date/time you have chosen. You need to have a phone (or
a headset) and internet connection to join the session. You will receive
additional details after registering for the session.

Please *register* with the following link: www.ieee.org/go/training

*Sessions planned India are as follows*:

10th October - 3.30pm – 4.30pm

21st October - 10.30am – 11.30am

4th November - 10.30am – 11.30am

5th December - 3.30pm – 4.30pm

2nd January - 10.30am – 11.30am

These sessions will cover:

- How to save searches, set-up alerts and use other personalization features

- Effective searching using basic and advanced techniques

- Refining your search using facets

- Browsing IEEE content -- by document type, most popular or what's new

- Customer support tools

Please feel free to email me with any questions you have. If you require an
online training session for your institute to be scheduled, please contact
me.  For other training options, such as self-paced video tutorials or
downloadable tip sheets, visit our site at
http://www.ieee.org/go/clientservices .

--
Kind Regards,
Dhanu