[LIS-Forum] Regarding AICTE policy to subscribe INDEST resources.

nag naga raja nagaraj_msrcp at rediffmail.com
Wed Nov 2 10:39:41 IST 2011

Dear Professionals

AICTE has made a policy that all engineering colleges should subscribe at least 6 INDEST resources. As a librarian I welcome this decision. But the main criteria used for selecting the journals for any consortia are1.Cost 2.Relevancy and 3.Usage of e-journals. But many studies reveal that the use of e-journals by PG students is more than UG students. Then why should a college having only UG courses should pay the same subscription amount prescribed for PG and research institutions. So AICTE/INDEST should reduce the subscription rates of electronic resources especially for the colleges offering UG courses. This is much more needed for all engineering colleges offering only UG courses.This is my personal opinion.
A.Nagaraja
Librarian
Sri Krishna Institute of Technology
Bangalore-560090