[LIS-Forum] NMEICT Project by BSNL and Govt of India
apassion2002 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:10:19 IST 2011
NMEICT Project by BSNL and Govt of India
National Mission on Education through Information and Technology
(NME-ICT)is one of prestigious project by Ministry of Human Resource
in collaboration with varioust IITs including IIT Bombay and PSU Major BSNL,
Objective of the NMEICT Project: NMEICT Project is launched with an
ambitious vision of catering to the learning needs of more than 50 crore
Indians (working population) and of providing a one stop solution to all the
requirements of the learning community In order to bolster our knowledge
resources, to obtain and maintain the competitive edge in the world, we
require a system of identification and nurturing of talent and lifelong
learning. Knowledge modules based on the personalized needs of the learner
would need to be delivered to him /her at the right time with the right
content interactively to take care of his / her aspirations. In due course
of time there would be a need to develop and maintain the knowledge and
capability profile of every individual learner / worker. Such a system would
have to be developed in a cost effective manner over a period of time,
integrating, inter-alia the following objectives:
1. Effective utilization of intellectual resources, minimizing wastage of
time in scouting for opportunities or desired items of knowledge appropriate
to the requirement.
2. Any-time availability of desired knowledge at appropriate levels of
comprehension to all for self paced learning
3. Platform for sharing of ideas and techniques and pooling of knowledge
4. Nurturing of scholars and learners.
5. Capability to handle the user base which would ultimately be expected to
cross 50 crore in the long term.
6. Use e-learning as an effort multiplier for providing access, quality and
equality in the sphere of providing education to every learner in the
7. Provide for Connectivity & access devices, content generation,
personalization & mentoring, testing & certification and encouragement of
8. Providing e-books & e-journals, utilizing the repository of contents
generated so far and the automation of evaluation processes. Creating a high
impact brand for e-Journals in leading disciplines with a provision for good
incentive-based payment to the researchers publishing their high quality
papers in these e- Journals.
9. Spreading Digital Literacy for teacher empowerment and encouraging
teachers to be available on the net to guide the learners.
10. Voice support for educational material delivery and interactivity for
the content on the portal.
11. Conversion of existing educational tapes into indexed formats compliant
with the internationally accepted standards such as SCORM (Sharable Content
Object Reference Model).
12. Launching a national movement for content and question generation.
13. Providing Digital/Information Literacy for teacher empowerment.
14. ERP (Enterprise Resource Package) and e-Governance for education.
15. Customisation of Open Source Tools etc.
16. Content delivery through EduSAT and narrowcasting of TV signals.
Providing 1000 DTH (Direct to Home)channels on 40 transponders [to be
availed through the Department. of Space] so that a separate DTH channel is
available for every subject for every class in various languages to the
17. Setting up virtual labs and lab centers and finishing schools for
18. Making broadband affordable for every learner.
19. Reducing ill-effects of internet / web based learning.
20. Coordination and synergisation of knowledge related activities of
Ministries and organizations.
For more details about NMEICT Project visit:
NMEICT Project Document <http://www.sakshat.ac.in/PDF/Missiondocument.pdf>
Ajay M. Kamble
Annasaheb Vartak Arts, Commerce, Science College,
Vasai Road (W), Dist. Thane - 401202
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LIS-Forum