[LIS-Forum] Handling Overdue books - Corporate/Industry Library.

Emmanuel E C (RBEI/HRL1-D) Emmanuel.EC at in.bosch.com
Thu Jul 7 11:10:15 IST 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

Currently we issue books/CD to our users for 15 days period & send 3 reminders for overdue books. If overdue book is not returned after three reminders then we initiate recovery of lost book process, wherein amount equal to the price of the book is recovered.

I feel the current practice is ineffective and overhead, hence seek ideas from LIS community & also request you to share the best practices & lessons learned in this area.

Regards
Emmanuel

Knowledge Centre & Information Services,
RBEI, Bangalore

Contact: 080 66571497 / 9886677094