[LIS-Forum] Suggestions on Online journals for an Engineering College

Mohan Kulkarni kulkarnimohan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 13:11:12 IST 2011

Dear Library professionals,

I am working as Librarian in an Engineering college where UG courses
(Mechanical, IT, Computer, E&TC, Civil) are conducted. We were having IEL
online journals subscription but instead of renewing the same, our
management have asked to search for an option or a package where we can
select journals from number of options available in different sources like
ACM, ASME, ASCE, IEL, Springer, JGATE etc. According to them like this we
can have balance between quantity, quality and finance. I have already made
them aware of options available in INDEST consortia but they say that
hundrerds and thousands of journals/articles are available there, but many
of them are not of our use. There are students and staff , journals should
be understandable by both of them. Many Journals/Articles are useful for
researchers mainly.
We want maximum output from what we invest.
So if anybody have any suggestions on this, kindly suggest me.

Thank you,

--
From-
Mohan Kulkarni