[LIS-Forum] Librarians~R Day Posters and OOD orders for college Librarians to attend Librarians Day Function

Mon Aug 8 11:20:32 IST 2011

Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 07:48:23 +0530
From: Pandurang Konnur <konnur at bub.ernet.in>

Dear Friends,

I am happy to inform you that IALA and KALA are jointly organizing the
Librarians’ Day on 12th August. Last year all of you gave a befitting
support. I have already posted couple of messages through LIS-FORUM. But
unfortunately very little response is seen from the professionals in
registration. This will reduce the enthusiasm among the organizers. As it is
we have very  thin leadership in our profession. We need to build a very
strong unity among our professionals and create a second level of leadership
among young Librarians. Here I need your fullest support. Please communicate
this message to maximum of your professional friends and send me their email
addresses and mobile numbers. I will be able to reach all of you with the
latest updates of the event.

We have made elaborate arrangements for the Librarians’ Day celebrations. We
have got printed a beautiful poster which all of you can put on your notice
boards. This will promote the image of Librarians in the eyes of the
students and Teachers of your Institution. We have kept these posters in
Central College Library before Mysore Bank in Mejestic. Please contact
Dr.Anjanappa (22961275). If you cannot go over there please send your peons
or attenders  with your letters to collect them. You can seethe poster by
clicking the following URL.

http://library.bub.ernet.in/libday/poster.jpg

We have also obtained the orders of Directorate of Collegiate Education
sanctionning OOD for all the Librarians attending the Librarians Day. You
can download the order from the following URL:

http://library.bub.ernet.in/libday/go.jpg
We have also got the Certificates printed to give to all those who attend
the Librarians’ Day celebrations and the Seminar on Life and works of
Dr.S.R.Ranganarhan.  The copy of the certificate is attached. With addition
to this elaborate arrangements have been made for serving Brake fast and
Lunch on the day.
Felicitation to Prof.Gopinath:
We have requested Prof.Gopinath to be with us on that day and decided to
felicitate him on the occassion for his Life time contribution to the
Profession.

THERE IS NO REGISTRATION FEE FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION.

YOUR PRESENCE IS OUR STRENGTH

PLEASE ALERT YOUR FRIENDS AND MAKE THIS CELEBRATION A GRAND SUCCESS

Thanks

--
Dr.P.V.Konnur
President, IALA