[LIS-Forum] Submission of Representation to UGC Anomalies committee-Request for inputs

Mr.Puttabasavaiah <bas@library.iisc.ernet.in> bas at library.iisc.ernet.in
Tue Sep 7 18:13:13 IST 2010

Dear Sir:

As mentioned in your mail, the earlier UGC Circular was clear on Pay band
and Academic Grade Pay for the positions of Assistant Librarian, Assistant
Librarian (Senior Scale), Assistant Librarian (Selection Grade), Deputy
Librarian ( Directly recruited or through CAS) and Librarian except for
the age of Superannuation.

I am not clear whether the current circular is detrimental only to
directly recruited Deputy Librarians which needs to be rectified. The
issues to be taken up with UGC / MHRD Anomaly Committee are:

1. Academic Grade Pay of 9000 and PB4 for Assistant Librarian (Selection
    Grade) after 3 years as many may not get the chance of reaching the
    position of Deputy Libraian / Librarian.

2. Academic Grade Pay of 9000 and PB4 for Deputy Librarian
    (Direct Selection / CAS ) after 3 years.

3. Uniform age of Superannuation for all the positions mentioned above.

With regards,
Puttabasavaiah.

######################################
Puttabasavaiah