[LIS-Forum] Journal on OPEN SOURCE SOLUTIONS

Mani Kumar mmani.mlib at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 18:23:09 IST 2010

Dear Vinod,

I too agree with your opinion, having a “journal on Open Access solutions
library and information science” it’s only one of best way to encourage the
OSS movement. As the journal meant for, include all the topics of OSS i.e
OSS links for software download, installation, customization and trouble
shooting etc. Every year number of work shops are conducted on this
particularly by different renowned organizations like IISC, DRTC, NISCAIR
but it is very difficult for every one to attend the workshops due to
remoteness, economic problems etc., and though who are working around remote
areas of India and it is one of the possible way to  promote OSS movement.
My suggestion is, the organizations like your are working and the above
mention with collaboration will take a imitative then it would be very
helpful for all the community.

Thanking you,

With regards,

M. Mani kumar