[LIS-Forum] congratulations

MN Seetharaman mns27 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 22:41:40 IST 2010

M.N. Seetharaman

Former Head, Information Centre for Aeronautics

National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore

Dear Prof. Mangala,

Hope you still remember me since it was  a long time ago that  you visited NAL Library & Info Centre when I was its Head.

Extremely thrilled  to know about your appointment as the Tagore National Professor in the Knowledge Field. You deserve this high honour,  and you have brought credit to our profession. Please accept my hearty congratulations.

I have always felt that our Public Libraries should consider providing  services to the millions of small businesses/entrepreneurs in the country as they have no libraries of their own.  When I was in NAL Library, I had  helpied the Department of Public Libraries, Govt. of Karnataka,  in establishing a Public Industry Library at the Peenya Industrial Estate, Bangalore.  I hope in your new position you would be able  initiate some pilot projects in this direction.

With my hearty congratulations, once again, and best wishes

M N Seetharaman