[LIS-Forum] Does the UGC allow a university research scholar

raiyan ghani syedraiyan at gmail.com
Sat May 1 13:17:47 IST 2010

Dear LIS Professionals

Greetings!!!!

I am delighted to see the affection of Mr. Vinod towards fighting the wrong
doers in our noble profession. I appreciate his will and assure to help him
to any extent he wants in putting barricades to such malpractices. I do not
fear to be disclosed, as fighting for genuine rights to save our profession
from culprits could not make us fear.

After a long struggle and with help of many of our LIS researchers and
contacts we have marked some culprits who have defamed our profession. They
are in process to get their fake doctorate degrees and even some supervisors
are a helping hand to them by charging good amount of money from the
candidate.

The most disgracing is that AMU, one of the first university to start a
bachelor course in Library Science has such researcher. *Mr. Naved Ahmed *one
of a researcher from the department of Library Science of AMU has produced a
fake application and doing job abroad. According to his application he is
aside from the department for data collection, but the reality is he is
having his job in middle east. There are enough evidence against him. Out of
this, the most shocking is, he pays a hefty percentage of his salary to his
supervisor to get his research done on his behalf.

So the question of this hour is, that  is such researchers will bring laurel
to our profession or is it a trend in our filed to have such researchers? Up
to what extent such researchers can be a good academician to bright the
future of library science? If such research can not be barricaded the
genuineness of research will be questioned and no doubt the genuine student
will have no place in-front of such fake degrees. The moral support of our
genuine researchers will go down if such type of research is promoted.

On behalf of all LIS researchers I urge all of our library professionals to
kindly come up with your strong protest against such malpractices on LIS
network where a researcher is trying to get a fake doctorate degree through
paying a hefty amount.

Thanks
With regards,

Syed Raiyan Ghani.

Program Coordinator
Applied Engineering Management Program-KSU
(Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla, Missouri - USA)

A proud alumni of DRTC, ISI Bangalore.

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's
troublesome!!