[LIS-Forum] National & International journals for Engineering

Mohan Kulkarni kulkarnimohan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 18:57:41 IST 2010

I am going to join newly approved Engineering college in Nasik as Librarian.
We are having 4 branches -

1. Mechanical Engineering.
2. E&TC Engineering.
3. Civil Engineering.
4. Computer Engineering.

I will be grateful if somebody will guide me in following issues-

1. What are the measures to be taken while preparing list of books for
purchase order so that Library will have good variety of collection ?

2. What care should be taken while preparing terms and conditions for
purchase order of books which is to be sent to the Book supplier ?

3. How to manage Library work if staff is insufficient (1 or 3) as well as
not very qualified. I have to serve 240 students and 50 staff ?

4. What are the records which are asked by LIC committee and also by NBA ?

5. What is the reliable website or source where we can get updated
information about updated norms for Engineering Library ? Because most of
the times AICTE or UGC or even University web sites do not update
information timely.

6. If anybody knows about ISO certification for Academic Library please
guide me.

Thank you,

--
From-