[LIS-Forum] Plagiarism and Indian LIS Professionals.

Badan Barman badanbarman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 15:46:40 IST 2010

Respected forum members,

Many LIS professionals in India in their books, papers submitted to
seminar / conference / festschrift volume as well as magazines /
journals including contents posted to their blog, message posted to
online groups / forum are copied from some one else and try to
showcase as their own. I have a very bitter experience and I think
many of you too. Such practices should be avoided but no one taking
serious steps in this regard.

We are living in a digital society, where forget about the journal
articles, even blog post, message posted to groups / forum even
personal email and chat messages are treated as copyrighted.

Its time to make a voice in this regard and explore such bad practices
with evidences. No doubt, in moving to the same we will faced a lot of
personal attack but we should be able to bear all of them to build a
new practice of a culture society in LIS in India. So, in eliminating
the garbage from the world of information explosion, I just want some
cooperation form the Indian LIS Professionals, and I hope you will.

Your comments are welcome over:
http://lislinks.ning.com/forum/topics/plagiarism-and-indian-lis

LIS Links: Connecting LIS Professional in India: http://lislinks.ning.com/

Thanking you

Yours faithfully
(Sri Badan Barman)
Academic Consultant,
School of Library & Information Science,
Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University,
Housefed Complex, Last Gate, Dispur, Guwahati-781006, Assam
Phone: 0361-2234964 / 2235971,
Fax: 0361- 2235398.
Mobile: +9198642-05166
Website: www.kkhsou.org

Note: If you forward this e-mail, please delete my e-mail address to
reduce Spam, Viruses & Identity Theft!