[LIS-Forum] Fwd: Regarding the Eligibility

SIMERJIT KAUR simerjit77 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:25:32 IST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: SIMERJIT KAUR <simerjit77 at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [LIS-Forum] Regarding the Eligibility
To: qwe at qwe.com

Dear Chetan, the following paragraph may clear your doubt.
*The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited
by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are
exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship
anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified
candidates are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer only in the
universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared
their SET. All SET qualified candidates are also eligible to appear in NET,
if they so desire*.