[LIS-Forum] Open Theses accedes to NDLTD-will not display full text-updates on Open Thesis Issue

Rupak Chakravarty rupak at pu.ac.in
Wed Feb 10 14:44:26 IST 2010

Dear ALL,

It becomes clear from the quoted mails "How powerful and dominating are
the commercial interests that can KILL the open access movement" In
fact, its a threat to the Liberation of knowledge from the uncontrolled
hegemonic of publishers.

As far as the Vidyanidhi <http://dspace.vidyanidhi.org.in:8080/dspace/>
, **Indian ETD Collection*
<http://dspace.vidyanidhi.org.in:8080/dspace/>* is concerned I
understand that the last record is of 20-Aug 2007 and no new record has
been added.

LET US NOT OPPOSE "opentheses project". instead we should SUPPORT it for
its success.

Thanks and Regards

   Rupak Chakravarty
   Assistant Professor
   Department of Library and Information Science
   Panjab University
   Chandigarh 160014
   INDIA

  Ph: 1722534774