[LIS-Forum] Are we able to maintain the quality of International Conference in LIS?

sureshn at tafe.co.in sureshn at tafe.co.in
Mon Dec 27 16:53:20 IST 2010

Most of our high profiled conferences are gauged by the venue, freebies, delegation fees, invitees (in this order) - not by the contributors/ contributions. It is the reality, which many of our organizers won't agree. Organisers credentials are on how much amount s/he can bring in as sponsorship?

As regards to adding value to CV - yes, this need to be included in your resume. If someone does it well, what's the harm in adding it to the CV.? Whatever may be the quality of the Seminar/ Conference, making it happen is in fact tedious. And unless you are a person of substance, you can't accomplish it in a satisfactory manner.

KM is an interesting area which is in vogue - people speak more and do less ... Library community, to which even I belong, should be looking for something very appropriate - besides, KM - open access software; IPR; presentation skills, softskills and things which add value to their profession and thereby the parent organisations respect the personnel in the field of Librarianship.

Regards,

Suresh D Nair
Chennai (India)