[LIS-Forum] Need suggestions regarding Placement

Rupak Chakravarty rupak at pu.ac.in
Thu Dec 9 10:03:24 IST 2010

Dear members,

Our University (Panjab University) will be holding a Job-Fest in the month of February 2011 covering all the disciplines including Library & Information Science. The department TPOs (Training & Placement Officers) have been given the responsibility to call/contact/inform the prospective employers (in their area) regarding the event and apprise them of the services/facilities to be provided to them in case they come to the University for hiring professionals.

Such campus placement are very common in Engineering, Management, Computer Science (and the likes) but the problem I'm facing (being TPO) to identify such recruiters who will be interested not only in hiring LIS professionals but also visiting the campus for the same.

I don't want to miss this opportunity for my students (our university has allocated grant for this Job-Fest).

I seek valuable opinion/feedback from the learned members of the LIS-Forum to make the event fruitful for LIS students.

Thanking you all

Best Wishes & Regards

Rupak Chakravarty
Assistant Professor
Department of Library & Information Science
Panjab University, Chandigarh - 160014
INDIA