[LIS-Forum] Universal Decimal Classification in Indic/Dravidic langauges

Aida Slavic aida.slavic at udcc.org
Thu Dec 2 15:33:11 IST 2010

Dear colleagues

At the beginning of 2010 we started translation of UDC Summary online  (over 2000 classes) into Indic languages. The project was undertaken by volunteers from a number of Indian universities and was initiated and coordinated by DRTC in Bangalore. The Coordinator for the UDC Indian Languages Translation is  Prof. Devika Madalli (http://drtc.isibang.ac.in/DRTC/dpmcv.html). Translated schedules are available
for free use, downloads and distribution.

We are pleased to inform that this abridged schedule with notes and examples are now completely translated in Bengali courtesy of Dr Bhaskar Mukarjee and Prof. Subal Biswas and can be browsed online http://www.udcc.org/udcsummary/php/index.php?lang=bn.
As soon as the proofreading is completed we will make text available for download.

Hindi translation, courtesy of colleagues from DRTC and Banaras Hindu University, coordinated by Prof Aditya Tripathi is completed 50%
http://www.udcc.org/udcsummary/php/index.php?lang=hi
Also 100 top classes are translated in Tamil by Preedip Balaji B (DRTC) http://www.udcc.org/udcsummary/php/index.php?lang=ta

As soon as these translations are completed we will inform Indian library community.

We would like to invite colleagues from other language communities in India and Indian Subcontinent if they are interested to contribute texts in their
languages or help with the ongoing translations to contact us at udcs at udcc.org

--

Dr Aida Slavic
UDC Editor in Chief