[LIS-Forum] KLA CELEBRATES THE BIRTH ANNIVERSARY OF DR. S.R. RANGANATHAN

Sadasivan KP kps31147 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 23:00:42 IST 2010

Dear All,

Greetings from Kerala Library Association !

I have great pleasure to announce that the Kerala Library Association, jointly with the Department of Library & Information Science, University of Kerala, is celebrating the Birth Anniversary of Dr. S.R. Ranganathan on 13th August 2010. The programme had to be scheduled for 13th August, as 9th happened to be a public holiday for the State.

Venue  : DLIS Lecture Hall, University of Kerala, Trivandrum &                 Time     : 2-4 pm

 The Theme : " Dr. RANGANATHAN - AS I KNOW HIM "

The programme comprises Brief Talks of 10-15 minutes each, by the LIS Professionals of old and new generations, including the students community, on SRR and/or his works and philosophy, which impressed or influenced the speaker the most.

It will be a blend of personal reminiscences and technical greatness of his works. It will be a kaliedoscopic view of his work and philosophy, having tremendous influence in the traditional and new generation  areas in LIS. It is expected to be a refreshing experience to the beginners of the academic courses in our discipline as well.

We invite you to join us in this programme, thereby paying our rich tributes to our Great Guru !

With Warm Regards

K.P. Sadasivan
President
Kerala Library Association