[LIS-Forum] Subject: building information dissemination industry

Baban Chavan babanchavan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 19:59:34 IST 2009

Dear Professionals

Ref:-Mrs.Bhagyashree Sanes Posting

Information dissemination is an important part of our profession. Honestly
we all are doing it at our owns desk . Information centres at national and
international  & other levels are performing the same task  to cater the
needs of institutional research and also making it  available worldwide for
the same purpose to other community. But, so far the common needs for rest
of information seekers are concerned is  the availability of infrastructure
at levels like school,colleges and to farmers and common people. The cost of
online journals & online publications  is so high that one cannot afford, is
second common need. so common information seeker are beyond the reach of
information.National Knowledge commission should look into this matter and
cordinate to build information dissemination industry with the help of
nations library talent along with the IT Men to disseminate the required
information to everybody satiesfying the five laws of Dr.Ranganathan.

Regards

Baban Chavan
Librarian
Sangamner College