[LIS-Forum] Information on Comparative study of Meerabai & Akkamahadevi- Amrita University -Library

suresh kumar kk suresh_amrita at rediffmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:26:05 IST 2009

Dear Professional Colleagues,

I would like to inform you that, one of our Faculty member (English
Department)pursuing her Ph.D in the topic 'A Comparative Study of Meerabai and AkkaMahadevi'.
Kindly let me know resources that I can pass to her. The main areas are- Bhakti literature in North and South India, definitions of Bhakti, Types of Bhakti, History and details of Shaivism and Vaishnavism and differences in these school of thoughts, the contemporary saint poets of the time of Meerabai and Akkamahadevi and their influence of them and any other critical material related to the works and life of Meerabai and Akkamahadevi.
If any research work has been undertaken on these saint poets, then
details of their resources.Kindly send me information regarding the same.

This is for your kind information & needful.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

KK Suresh
Librarian
Amrita School of Engineering
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Deemed University
Kasavanahalli Off:Sarjapura Road
Carmelaram Post
Bangalore - 560 035
        PH:080-28441216/17    Mobile:09448519116
        Web: www.amrita.edu / http://210.212.205.25/opac
        e-contact:suresh_amrita at rediffmail.com
                  kk_suresh at blr.amrita.edu
             "Information delayed is Information denied"
                   "Knowledge grows when shared"

K.K.Suresh
            M.Sc.,(L&I.Sc.,),M.Phil
            M.A.(Sociology)
Librarian
Amrita School of Engineering
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Deemed University
Kasavanahalli, Off:Sarjapura Road
Carmelaram Post
Bangalore - 560 035
      Ph:080-28441216/17,28439565/66
         94485-19116
      e-contacts: kk_suresh at blr.amrita.edu
                  suresh_amrita at rediffmail.com
      website:www.amrita.edu
              http://210.212.205.25/opac
"Every duty is holy and devotion to duty is the highest form of the worship of God."
                             - Swami Vivekananda