[LIS-Forum] Anamolies in recruitment of Librarians in First Grade Colleges

Dr. M. Koteswara Rao mkrlib at uohyd.ernet.in
Fri Nov 13 18:26:08 IST 2009

Dear Mr. Gangadhar,

I don't see this as an isolated case of 'bad rules' in recruiting library
professionals in our country. In most of the cases, it is the so called
experts (mediocre) who sit on such bodies/committees and frame these rules
and Karnataka is no exception to this. We know that there are many LIS
associations in every state, but how many of them really address these
issues?. Many of our LIS professionals are not getting jobs even though
there are vacancies.

I feel that there is too much of 'fragmentation' of library associations.
I suggest that you pose this question to the college LIS associations in
Karnataka to approach the concerned ministries/departments to amend the
rules to suit the requirements?

Best of Luck.

Dr. M. K. Rao, Librarian
University of Hyderabad