[LIS-Forum] Seeking Librarian Volunteers - How Do You Say Reference? (fwd)

Tue Nov 10 12:27:51 IST 2009

Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:02:03 +0530 (IST)
From: Shamprasad Pujar <pujar at igidr.ac.in>

FYI

-- Original Message --
From: "Dawn M. Hoesterey" <dawnh at eden.rutgers.edu>
To: ifla-l at infoserv.inist.fr
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:26:37 -0500 (EST)

Dear Public, Academic, and Special Librarians:

The International Federation of Library Association (IFLA) is supporting a
project entitled "How Do You Say Reference." Designed to recognize library
reference and information services worldwide, the project will result in a
website featuring profiles of each participating country. Via the website,
librarians and library school students will gain exciting insight into the
myriad of ways librarians from different parts of the world assist
information seekers. We are also interested in the training librarians
receive to best meet the needs of patrons, as well as global professional
perspectives on how library services can improve.

There are student volunteers to interview librarians around the world
about how they assist users in meeting their personal, academic, and
professional information needs. With your agreement, a library and
information science student will conduct an interview with you by phone.
We would simply need to arrange a convenient time for both you and the
interviewer. A list of potential questions can also be e-mailed to you
prior to the interview taking place in case you would like time to think
the questions over and reflect on your own professional experiences. I am
the Project Manager of "How Do You Say Reference," and truly hope you will
be able to participate and share your perspective on library information
services.

If you are interested in being interviewed for this project or have any
questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at dawnh at eden.rutgers.edu.
Please note: interviews have already been completed or are in the process
of being completed with volunteers from Nigeria, Canada, and the UK. We
are no longer seeking volunteers from these countries. Sincerely,

Dawn Hoesterey
IFLA "How Do You Say Reference" Project Manager
dawnh at eden.rutgers.edu