[LIS-Forum] Discrepancy occurred in VTU Report

raghupawar at gmail.com raghupawar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 17:18:27 IST 2009

Respected Professionals,

As we know Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) is the Technical
University of Karnataka established under the AICTE. In VTU the status of
Librarians & Assitant Librarians are considered as group 'C' and Librarians
are listed with FDC's, SDS's, Stenographers, Typists, Drivers etc., whereas
status of Physical Directors are considered as Group B (Annexure VIII of
VTU's Annual Report).

But, most of the Engineering colleges (under VTU) has given teaching staff
(equal to other HOD's of the departments) states to librarians with AICTE
pay scales and designations such as Librarian, Senior Librarian, Selection
Grade Librarian, Chief Librarian.

With reference to the above, it has been noticed by one of my professional
friend in lis-forum sometime back; But unfortunately so far no association
and veteran professionals have not aired their views regard this. Request
all the professionals who have been member of the associations write mail
to respective associations and demand them to intervene in this issue. And
make them to work for the welfare of the profession and professionals
instead engage in routine activities, in the larger interest of profession.
Some associations keen on increasing membership but has not responded to
this matter and remained as deaf. Some experts talking about professional
welfare in different forums have got a real opportunity now to prove their
commitment; so I request all of them to join their hands in eradicating
what injustice occurred and time has come to demonstrate our oneness in
fighting against all the obstacles encounter in the path of professional
up-liftment

Raghavendra R
raghupawar at gmail.com
+91 9448204498