[LIS-Forum] Post Graduate Diploma in Application of Open Source Software in Library (PGDAOSSL)

Badan Barman badanbarman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 13:55:11 IST 2009

Respected forum members,

Myself as an Academic Consultant at KKHSOU, preparing a syllabus for "Post
Graduate Diploma in Application of Open Source Software in Library
(PGDAOSSL)". It needs not to be mentioned that if it happened this will be
the first such course in LIS in India. But as I am an infant in the subject
so need the guidance of the experts from all over India. Can any one help me
to lay the outline of the syllabus or can any one let me know to whom I
should contact to make my food cook. I will be highly obliged if you can
help me in this regard.

The software’s that will be included in the syllabus are as follows. I
request people who have sufficient expertise on the following software to
contact me immediately.

*Library Management Software Packages*

*(Evergreen, Koha and **NewGenLib)*

*Installation of Evergreen:*

*Customization of Evergreen:*

*Use of Evergreen:*

* *

*Installation of Koha:*

*Customization of Koha:*

*Use of Koha:*

*Installation of NewGenLib:*

*Customization of NewGenLib:*

*Use of NewGenLib:*

*Digital **Library Software Packages*

*(Dspace, GSDL, EPrints)*

*Installation of Dspace:*

*Customization of Dspace:*

*Use of Dspace:*

* *

*Installation of GSDL:*

*Customization of GSDL:*

*Use of GSDL:*

* *

*Installation of EPrints:*

*Customization of EPrints:*

*Use of EPrints:*

* *

* *

*Content Management System*

*(MediaWiki, Joomla, Drupal)*

* *

*Installation of MediaWiki:*

*Customization of MediaWiki:*

*Use of MediaWiki:*

* *

* *

*Installation of Joomla:*

*Customization of Joomla:*

*Use of Joomla:*

* *

* *

*Installation of Drupal:*

*Customization of Drupal:*

*Use of Drupal:*

* *

* *

*Learning Management System*

*(Moodle, ATutor, Claroline)*

*Installation of Moodle:*

*Customization of Moodle:*

*Use of Moodle:*

* *

* *

*Installation of ATutor:*

*Customization of ATutor:*

*Use of ATutor:*

* *

*Installation of Claroline:*

*Customization of Claroline:*

*Use of Claroline:*

Thanking you
Yours faithfully
(Sri Badan Barman)
Academic Consultant, Library & Information Science, Krishna Kanta Handique
State Open University, Housefed Complex, Last Gate, Dispur, Guwahati-781006,
Assam, Phone: 0361-2234964 / 2235971, Fax: 0361- 2235398. Website:
www.kkhsou.org