[LIS-Forum] Content Management System - Why Joomla?

DP Tripathi dptkvs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 23:04:36 IST 2009

 *Content Management System - Why Joomla?*

Now a days, there is a common question that which content management system
is better viz. Joomla or Drupal or other CMS?. In my opinion, If you are a
developer and comfortable with php, fixing bugs and plugins, Drupal will be
the best option over other CMS. But, if you don't want to touch the
developing part, Joomla can be a best option. Both will meet your basic
needs. However, I have found Joomla very easy and comfortable for developing
a quick website. Here are some features of Joomla.

1. Installation is very simple. It can be installed easily on Windows as
well as on Linux.

2. If you are not technically sound, it is good to start with Joomla.

3. Working with joomla is very easy.

4. It supports PHP, MySQL and Apache

5. It supports multimedia

6. It has a wide selection of free extension. Once it is installed, it can
be assigned to different pages.

7. Administration is very easy.

8. There is facility to log in to the site and edit the site directly in
browser.

9. Provision for more than one person to be able to edit the site

10. There are lot of open source components that can be plugged in to the
site. For ex. RSS Syndication, RSS Import, News Letter etc.
--
D.P.Tripathi