[LIS-Forum] pl help me to update the list on doctoral studies on library Consortium/Network in India

Manjunath K manjunath at tapmi.edu.in
Mon Dec 14 11:04:43 IST 2009

Dear Professional Colleagues,

As there is increased interest in forming Consortia/Library networking at national, regional and institutional levels in govt. and private sectors. I thought of collecting data on the topic for clear understanding.  For this purpose, I browsed INFLIBNET & VIDYANIDHI websites and back issues University News (since 1984)  for research Studies on LIS Research India. I could trace nearly 1000 doctoral dissertations in LIS field awarded by Indian Universities over the period. From the pool, I could trace 44 doctoral dissertations(awarded) as mentioned below. Still, I feel the data may not be comprehensive on the topic. Though it is essential for all universities to submit the data related to doctoral research to AIU (Publish this data through University News as theses of the month)  I feel it is not followed by all Indian universities. Uploading data on INFLIBNET is voluntary for researchers.  Hence I think there could be more doctoral studies on Consortium. Please see the following list and inform me if your name/thesis (on Consortium or library network) is missing in the list.

For missing theses data, please give data on 1) your full name; 2) title of thesis; 3) Guide's name;4)university; 5) year of award and some keywords and your email-id.

I will compile the list and again post it for the benefit of our LIS professionals and researchers. Your help in data provision will help our community and I look forward for your full cooperation for providing information on research on consortia. Please provide data if the study is already completed and degree is awarded by the university to avoid any confusion.

For the benefit of our colleagues: A research paper on LIS Research 1980-2007 prepared jointly by Prof. Shivalingaiah & me and presented at  ALIEP 2009 International conference, Tokyo, Japan is available at http://a-liep.kc.tsukuba.ac.jp/proceedings/Papers/a9.pdf

I look forward for your

1.       Singh, Kewal Jit(1985): Network Model For Resource Sharing In Indian University, Chandigarh, Punjab University

2.       Singh, Jagtar(1986): Rural Public Library Network In Punjab : A Study 1947-1980

3.       Murthy, S S(1990): Design Of An Online Bibliographic Information Network For A Multi Unit R & D Organisation,

4.       Panda, KRISHNA CHNDRA(1990): MULTITYPE LIBRARY RESOURCE SHARING AND NETWORKS WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN ORISSA

5.       Pathan, Abdulmajid Mahboobakhan(1991): Development And The Management Of Health Sciences Library Network For The State Of Karnataka, India

6.       Rao, RAMANA V(1991): INFORMATION NETWORK AMONG ONGC LIBRARIES AND INFORMATION CENTRES IN INDIA

7.       SAIBABA, BUTHALA(1992): STUDY OF COOPERATION AND NETWORKING AMONG ENGINEERING AND TECHOLOGICAL LIBRARIES IN INDIA

8.       Alka, Buragohain(1994): RURAL LIBRARY NETWORK FOR THE STATE OF HARYANA

9.       Bose, Kaushik(1994): Information Networks In India: Problems And Prospects.

10.   RAINA ROSHAN LAL(1995): ASSESSMENT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION RESOURCES,FACILITITES AND SERVIES IN MANAGEMENT SCHOOLS OF INDIA TO ASSERT THE FEASIBILITY OF RESOURCE SHARING AND NETWORKING

11.   Rawat, P P(1995): Comparative Study Of Library And Information Services In The Field Of Medical Science In India And A Proposal And Design Of Its Networking, Bhubaneswar

12.   Harikrishna S Reddy(1997): National Disability Information Network

13.   Sujatha, G(1997): Study On Resource Sharing And Networking Of University Libraries In Andhra Pradesh,

14.   Bankapur, Vinayak M(1998): Integrated Information Network For Newspaper Libraries In Karnataka

15.   Mishra, Sanjaya(1998): Organizational And Attitudinal Factors In The Development Of Local Library Networks In India

16.   Singh, Gurudev(1998): RESOURCE SHARING IN SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL LIBRARIES IN INDIA, A STUDY

17.   Sulochana S Murthy(1998): An Information Network For Linguistics And Indian Languages: A Proposal Including A Study Of Its Problems And Prospects

18.   Rizwan Ahmad  (1999): Library Networks And Networking: A Select Annotated Bibliography

19.   Sharma, Ramakant(1999): Critical Study Of Public Library Services In Madhya Pradesh : Model Plan For Resource Sharing And Net Working

20.   Raju, Kruthiventy Ammi(2000): Rural Development Information Network, RDIN : A Model Integrated Information System For The Development Community.

21.   Satpathi, Jatindranath(2000): Design And Network For Resource Sharing Among The Health Science Libraries In West Bengal

22.   Gakhar,  A P(2002): Proposal For A Model Network Of Arts Libraries And Information Centers In India

23.   Mohammad, Mustafa K  (2002): Developing Library Network (DELNET) Services In Delhi: A Survey

24.   Saha, Anant Lal(2002): Information And Library Network(INFLIBNET): A Case Study Of University Libraries And Information Centeres In Gujarat

25.   Singh, Arjun(2003): Assessment Of Resources, Facilities And Services In Libraries Of Forestry Institutions Of India: A Proposal For J Resource Sharing And Networking, Jaipur

26.   Gopalakrishna, S(2004): Networking Of National Institute Of Fashion Technology  (NIFT) Resource Central In India: A Prototype Design Based On Information Seeking Pattern By The NIFT Faculty

27.   John, Kishor(2004): Educating Users In Context Of Computerisation And Networking Of Libraries And Information Centres In India

28.   Mathur, Seema(2004): Resources Sharing Among Special Libraries Of Indore

29.   Reddy, Gopal G(2004): Networking Of Sanskrit Vidyapeetha Libraries In India: A Prototype Design And Based On Information Needs And Information Seeking Behaviour Of Sanskrit Faculty

30.   Bachalapur, Mallappa Mahantappa(2005): Network Of College Libraries Under Visvesvaraya Technological University: A Perspective Plan

31.   Louis, Christina(2005): Administration Of Electronic Journals Through Consortia: A Model For Science And Technology Libraries In India

32.   Mohammad, Parvez Akhtar  (2005): Resource Sharing Among Libraries With Special Reference To E-Journal Consortia: An Annotated Bibliography

33.   Nagan Goudar, I R  (2005): E-Journals Access And Management: Consortia Models For India

34.   Shirur, Shiddayya Shekharayya(2005): Development Of Cost Effective Network Model For Optimum Utilisation Of Resources In Polytechnic Libraries Of Karnataka

35.   Srivastava, Jitendra(2005): Regional Engineering College Libraries In India A Proposal For Development Plan And Networking

36.   Christina, Doibila(2006): Plan Propasal For The Establishment Of Network Of Libraries In North-East India.

37.   Rathinasabapathy G(2006): AGRILIBNET: (Agricultural Libraries Network): A Prototype Web Portal

38.   Abdul Azeez T.A.(2007): Development Of A Library Consortium For Engineering Colleges In Kerala

39.   Mohammad, Imran Ahmad  (2007): Use Of Indest Consortia By M. Tech Students Of Zakir Hussain College Of Engineering & Technology, A.M.U., Aligarh A Study

40.   Modi, Bipinchandra Jayantilal(2008): Networking Module For Pharmacy Colleges In Gujarat

41.   Pateria, Shailendra(2008): MP Ke Viswavidyaleen Granthayon Mein Soochan Prodhigiki Network Kendr Ke Sandabh Mein

42.   Singh, Joteen Rajkumar(2008): The Information And Library Network Programme: A Case Study Of Manipur

43.   Vishala B.K.(2008): Use Of UGC INFONET E-Journal Consortium: Its Impact On The Academic Community And The Libraries In Universities Of Karnataka

44.   Manjunath, G K(2009): Resource Sharing In The Internet Era: A Conceptual Model For Indian Social Science Libraries

Anticipating the earliest receipt of missing information
Regards,

Manjunath
-------------------
Dr. Manjunatha K,