[LIS-Forum] Seminar Circular

DRTC - General drtc at isibang.ac.in
Mon Dec 7 09:59:35 IST 2009

INDIAN STATISTICAL INSTITUTE
Documentation Research and Training Centre
8th  Mile, Mysore Road Bangalore – 560059

                          Seminar on

  Information retrieval in forensic image database

Abstract: The term ‘forensic science’ actually means: ‘pertaining to or
used in court of laws’. Forensic science is typically referred to as
forensics and is the practical application of numerous sciences to solve
legal system related questions. Forensic science extends into a broad
range of sub sciences which utilize natural sciences to obtain criminal
and legal evidence. Images of various kinds constitute an important
component of information support systems in the area of forensic sciences.
 This seminar will focus on retrieval, reconstruction and interpretation
of digital media. We will also examine indexing methods and the similarity
measures (statistical and morphological), relevant to visual retrieval
system. We will also be focusing on the types of databases and different
software which are being used in forensic labs.

	Student presenter		:	Tarun Kumar
	Venue                    	:	DRTC Classroom
	Date			    	:	9 Dec 2009
	Time			    	: 	2:15 pm

All are cordially invited.

									      K.S.Raghavan