[LIS-Forum] Professional status

Narayan Barse nbarse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 10:52:13 IST 2008

Dear Mr. Akash,

I think UGC has not stated Librarian as a teacher anywhere. But the pay
sacle and qualification is at par with that of lecturer/reader and professor
for college librarians,university asst.librarian/Deputy librarians and
University librarians respectively.

In Maharashtra the Maharashtra Universities act 1994 has included college
librarians,university asst.librarian/Deputy librarians and University
librarians in the definition of teachers.

Regards,

On 25 Jun 2008 11:47:32 -0000, Akash Varma <akash.varma007 at rediffmail.com>
wrote:

>   Dear Professionals,
>
> Librarians are neglected a lot i.e, in Pvt Colleges.They are treated as
> ministerial staff. Does he/she does not come under Academics?
> While appointing the  Lectures & Librarians in  degree  colleges UGC has
> made NET/SLET of M.Phil is compulsory for both.No such qualifications are
> necesary for appointing clerks or any ministerial staff. Then why this
> discrimination?
> I would like to have solutions from  experts. & can I get soft copy of UGC
> rules & regulations in this issue so that I can show to the concerned
> authority.
>
> Mr. Akash Varma
> Librarian
> Panchkula