[LIS-Forum] Part Time Research

Puna Das puna_05 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jul 15 14:20:16 IST 2008

Dear Colleagues

India’s one of the top universities Jawaharlal Nehru University is followed the same rule, i.e., direct PhD enrolment is allowed to full-time researchers only. A world-class thesis is produced there in JNU only because of this rule. I welcome the decision of University of Kerala. Other universities should also follow the same and raise the university research standards in India. UGC, AICTE, CSIR, ICMR and other apex bodies should revise their rules on study leaves and should allow working library professionals to avail this facility.

With Best Wishes

Anup

Anup Kumar Das
New Delhi, India