[LIS-Forum] Negative publicity

K Sankaraiah sankariahk at dataone.in
Fri Jul 11 12:33:14 IST 2008

Dear all,
I have been closely following the reactions to this ad.  Most of them fall in the category of angry protests and knee jerk reactions.  There are of course a few mature and dignified responses.  Shalini Urs' one is typical and I agree entirely with her.
The point to remember here is that this ad, as all ads, is a creative one and a marketing
piece for Monster.  I remember having seen similar ones sometime back eg a cricketer washing soiled clothes with his bat.
As Shalini says all ads, even bad ones give publicity.  In fact many ads are devoid of any sense.  Perhaps this is the way an advertiser draws attention to the product or service he or she wants to publicise.  We don't need to take it  too seriously.  How many of Laxman's cartoosmust have drawn a good laugh from the