[LIS-Forum] How We can improve the status of Librarian in Corporate Sector

ISHAPPA BANDI icbandi at yahoo.co.in
Mon Dec 8 10:27:27 IST 2008

Professional Friends,

Some more things can be added to the list of the best practices to improve the present Librarian’s status.
One should be ready to take more than a Librarian role in the corporate sector. Why I am raising this issue is, many corporate Libraries may be having less collection, users, activities as compare to Public or Academic Libraries.
If some one expected to be paid high monitory benefits or a respect one has to play an additional role may be as a Knowledge Manager, Document Controller, Information Officer, Coordination Officer, Information Security Officer, Instructor, these are additional to a Librarian role in corporate sector.
Hence many different skills and techniques may be required to added to play these additional roles.
All we can say is that ‘Accept, Act & Contribute More’ is the ‘funda’ to be followed to improve our status in this modern world.
Thanks & Regards
Bandi I C
TATA POWER COMPANY LTD
Email: bandiic at tatapower.com/ icbandi at yahoo.co.in