[LIS-Forum] Interesting articles in the latest Current Science issue

Suvarsha Walters suvarsha_w at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 11:48:25 IST 2008

Dear all,

An article in the previous issue of Current Science is also interesting for library professionals and those interested in Open Access (OA) Movement.

Scientific publishing: Rising cost of monopolies by Giridhar Madras
http://www.ias.ac.in/currsci/jul252008/163.pdf

There is strong advocacy for the OA institutinal repositories, but lesser support for OA journals. This article gives a good reason as to why we need to be promoting OA journals as well.

Thank you,

Suvarsha